Not everyone seems to be gifted in the delicate art of negotiation despite its undeniable importance in business and daily living. High stakes business negotiations, in particular, can be very tricky and you cannot rely on the usual strategies to get you through a successful negotiation. By tapping your own basic human emotions while taking into consideration the other party’s humanity as well can actually work to your advantage even in the presence of technological tools such as artificial intelligence. It takes being able to understand where the other person is coming from so you can work around the “whys” behind his perspective and intentions. There also steps to a negotiation process that can ensure your success including preparation, goal-setting and building rapport until you are able to close the deal. At the end of the day, the goal is to arrive at a common negotiated solution or final decision that is highly satisfactory for both parties.
Mitch Jackson is not your typical trial lawyer. With almost 3 decades of helping people in the legal world, his passion continues to burn as he combines law with live streaming, technology, and social media. This is the kind of strategic combination he uses to enhance client companies and professional relationships. Aside from helping people negotiate better, he also extends the same assistance to fellow trial lawyers in the science of communication and negotiation using social media and technology. In his 30 years of practice, he has also become a veteran in business presentations and has a well-developed speaking experience.
In this Episode:
- How to come to a point of mutual agreement and decision in a negotiation
- How to apply the 5 steps to a negotiation process
- The role of artificial intelligence in the future of negotiations
- How to prepare for success in different kinds of negotiation
- How to deal with human emotions (including your own) and imperfections in a negotiation
- Preparing and defining your purpose, boundaries, and key comments, questions, or statements
- How to deflect, reflect, and select to maintain long-term business negotiations
- How to encourage engagement and build rapport through mirroring
Quotes From this Episode:
is the future of everything we’re talking about.” – Mitch Jackson”]